Plaques will be awarded to winners in the following categories:
- Minnesota Single Op Mixed Mode
- Minnesota Single Op QRP Mixed Mode (5 W or less)
- Minnesota Single Op Phone
- Minnesota Single Op CW
- Minnesota Multi-Op (1 or 2 transmitters – Multiple Ops)
- Minnesota Mobile – 1 transmitter (No Limit on # of Ops)
- Minnesota Rover – 1 Transmitter (No Limit on # of Ops)
- W/VE Single Op Mixed Mode Low Power (100 W or less)
- W/VE Single Op Mixed Mode High Power
- W/VE Single Op Mixed Mode QRP (5 W or less)
- W/VE Single Op Phone
- W/VE Single Op CW
Awarding of plaques in each category will be subject to the following conditions:
- The winning participant must achieve the top score in that category
- The winning participant must make at least 100 QSOs
- There must be a least 3 entrants in that category
- If the plaque is not sponsored, the winner will be given the following three options:
- Fund the plaque themselves
- Receive a certificated in lieu of a plaque
- Decline the award
Certificates will be awarded to following:
- First place winners in each State / Province
- Minnesota stations who set a new scoring record for the county they operate in
- The top scorer in each DXCC country submitting an entry
- The top scorer in the MN Mobile Unlimited category
- The top scorer in the W/VE Multi-Operator Category. All participants identified in the log submission will receive a certificate.
Awarding of certificates will be subject to full sponsorship of the Certificate Program.
A special gift (currently Minnesota Wild Rice) will be awarded to the top 10 scorers from participants outside Minnesota.We cannot mail this gift outside the U.S. and Canada so DX participants are not eligible for this gift even if their score would qualify them. Awarding of this special gift will be subject to the gifts being fully funded (including postage).
The MNQP Contest Committee will solicit sponsors for all plaques and certificates as defined above. The following rules apply to sponsorship:
- The cost to sponsor a plaque is $80.
- The cost to support/sponsor the Minnesota Wild Rice Program is $55.
- The cost to support/sponsor the Certificate Program is $50.
- Sponsors (organizations or individuals) can designate the plaque which they wish to sponsor.
- Sponsors of a category from the previous year will be given the first opportunity to sponsor a plaque for that category in the current year.
- All sponsorship fees must be paid by July 1 of the MNQP contest year.
- If a plaque is sponsored and there is not a qualifying entry in that plaque’s category, the sponsor will be given the following options:
- Transfer the sponsorship to another unfunded plaque category.
- Apply the sponsorship dollars to the next year’s plaque (in that category).
- Refund the sponsorship
- Three sponsors (i.e. $150) are currently solicited for the Certificate Program. Additional sponsors will be solicited if it is found that the certificate (and mailing costs) exceeds the sponsored amount.
- Plaque sponsors will have their name (or organization name) engraved on the plaque or plaques that the sponsor.
- All Certificate Program sponsors will be recognized on all certificates that are awarded.