While Thanksgiving is only a day away, many of the MWA crew were thinking about pizza in the fall! Over 41% of our club turned out for the ARRL Sweepstakes Phone last weekend. Before I get to the team scores, and the chase for the pizza, here are some individual performers who kept their butts in the chair to score over 50k:
- K1KD – 237,380
- KØMD – 199,422
- NØAT – 159,526
- ACØW – 152,604
- NØHJZ – 142,926
- KØYR – 114,800
- KØAD – 103,332
- NIØK – 93,120
- WØOR – 95,940
- KØHB – 87,980
- KØTI – 83,916
- KØOB – 80,000
- WØPI – 76,302
- KIØF – 69,300
- WAØMHJ – 68,544
- K4IU – 64,834
- KBØEO – 58,240
- KØJJR – 58,032
I’ve said it before and I’ll say it again, if you can get your team to turn out for a contest, you’ll win the Pizza Point. This past weekend was no exception. Team South scored the point towards the pepperoni by getting over half their team to get on the air! All the teams did an exceptional job of exceeding last years numbers! The MWA score will certainly rank higher this year among the other clubs!
Full Sweepstakes SSB results are:
- Team South – 1,589,606 points (Up 148.01% over last year!) – 33 members active (53% of team)
- Team Hennepin – 691,300 points (Up 94.03% over last year!) – 15 members active (37% of team)
- Team North – 481,348 points (Up 49.09% over last year!) – 17 members active (31% of team)
- TOTAL MWA – 2,762,254 points (Up 109.25% over last year) – 65 club members active (41% of the club)
Our combined Sweepstakes score will be near 5.8 million points. This is about average for our club for the bottom of the cycle. Maybe next year we could “go for it” and try to beat the All-Time MWA SS score of 8.2 million points.
Team South is definitely feeling the anger of not eating discounted pizza last fall. It looks like Team South is telling Covid that they want to eat again at the Fall 2021 event. The pizza standings are as follows:
- Team South – 3 Points (CQWW RTTY, SS CW & SS Phone)
- Team North – 1 Point (CQWW Phone)
- Team Hennepin – 0 Points
Next up, CQWW DX CW. This will be one of our toughest events. I’ll shoot out a reminder later.
Thanks to everyone that got on the air. Remember to get those logs sent in!
73, Rich NØHJZ